This page outlines the items a POS product must implement to complete a minimum integration with Spice. It should be used as a checklist for POS developers to know what they are required to build.
For more detailed scenarios see the certification test suite.
- The POS-Name and POS-Version are required to be passed through in the headers for each transaction request.
- The Adaptor window must appear above the POS so that transactions can be acknowledged
- If the Adaptor isn't running the POS needs to display an error dialog if the user attempts to initiate a transaction
- The POS can process purchase, refund and MOTO transactions
- The POS must support Australian Dollars (AUD)
- If a transaction is declined the sale needs to remain open
- The POS can handle and report correctly on terminal based surcharging
- Hospitality POS systems need to be able to handle and report correctly on terminal based tipping
- The posRefId should be unique for each transaction. Retrying a transaction (eg if the PIN is invalid, signature declined, etc) should generate a new posRefId
- If there is a network disconnection during a transaction the POS can recover
- If the POS or Adaptor crash during a transaction, it needs to be able to recover the transaction on relaunch
- The POS should provide both merchant and customer EFTPOS receipts.
- In the event of a transaction that requires a signature, the POS can print the merchant copy and, once the signature has been accepted, print a customer copy
- The POS offers the user the ability to settle the EFTPOS terminal through the POS
Updated over 1 year ago