This page outlines the items a POS product must implement to complete a minimum integration. It should be used as a checklist for POS developers to know what they are required to build.
- The POS must send the correct Tenant code, POS Vendor Id and POS Version through to the EFTPOS terminal and increment the POS Version once a new build is created
- The pairing screen includes a "Save" button for EFTPOS address and POS ID
- Pairing secrets should not be exposed while pairing, unpairing or rolling the keys
- Web-Based Integrations: The POS must have the option to pair using an automatically generated EFTPOS Address
- User can accept or decline the hmac code during pairing
- When the POS is in a paired connecting state the IP address is editable to the user
- When paired and connected, and the network disconnects, the connection status updates to paired connecting
- The POS handles terminal instructed key rolling (available in EFTPOS Terminal Menu)
- The connection between the terminal and the POS should remain persistent
- The POS can be paired and unpaired with the EFTPOS terminal successfully
- When unpairing on the POS the user is prompted to unpair on the terminal (see Web-based EFTPOS UI or Non Web-Based EFTPOS UI)
- POS can process any transaction request
- POS must support Australian Dollars (AUD)
- POS prompts the user to accept or decline when a signature transaction is initiated
- If a transaction is declined the sale needs to remain open
- A user can cancel a transaction from the POS or EFTPOS Terminal
- The POS can handle and report correctly on terminal-based surcharging
- Hospitality POS systems need to be able to handle and report correctly on terminal-based tipping
- The pos_ref_id should be unique for each transaction. Retrying a transaction (eg if the PIN is invalid, signature declined etc) should generate a new pos_ref_id
- If there is a network disconnection during a transaction the POS can recover at any point
- In the event that the POS cannot recover a connection (or does not know the outcome of a transaction) the user is given the option to mark the transaction as Complete, Incomplete, or Cancel.
- The POS prints or stores the EFTPOS receipts.
- Ability to reprint the EFTPOS receipts from the POS
- Receipts that require a Signature are printed off as requested - Merchant Copy for signature request and the sale closes when Approved or remains open when Declined.
- The POS offers the user the ability to settle the EFTPOS terminal through the POS
- The POS should make the mx51 spi.log available for troubleshooting purposes.
Each Library will have a different way to create the spi logs.
Updated 25 days ago