Spice is a Windows-based application that is installed on the POS PC and will drive transactions requested by the POS. Pairing is initiated in Spice, where the connection state is maintained and persisted. Transactions are initiated from the POS by sending HTTP requests using JSON payload to the adaptor. The Spice transaction UI will then drive the transaction workflow and return the result and receipt to the POS.
Spice can be downloaded here.
Minimum PC Requirements:
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 or newer
- 2 GB Ram
- Internet connection (will function offline)
To drive transactions the Point-Of-Sale must send HTTP requests.
The API specification for Spice is available here - Spice API doc spec
You can test sending HTTP requests to the Spice using Insomnia API through the following pre-defined commands.
Once Insomnia is installed select "Use Localhost" from the Activate Environment dropdown. Then it's simply a matter of selecting an available GET or POST requests and clicking on "Send."
- To install Spice, download the Spice Payments Adaptor with the link above.
- Open the exe file and run the installer
- Spice will be installed in the directory: C:\Users"USERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\Spice.
- When installation has been complete, It will ask to accept the EULA agreement
- Install complete, You will need to enter the correct details to pair the terminal.
Obtain an mx51 test terminal through your mx51 contact.
Connect your terminal to the same local network as the Spice Adaptor. Use the instructions found here.
Open the Spice Payments Adaptor
Open Spice and enter a valid Payment Provider, POS ID and the IP address of the EFTPOS terminal. First, select "Pair with POS" on the EFTPOS terminal and then "Pair" in Spice. Once pairing negotiation is complete click yes to confirm the code on the EFTPOS terminal. Finally, click on the OK button in Spice. The EFTPOS terminal and Adaptor are now paired.
Use the API specification to implement the HTTP requests to Spice. When running the Adaptor it will listen on localhost:8282.
If you would like to get in touch with a team member, please send us an email at [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you.
Updated 29 days ago